Sunday, March 7, 2010

Two reasons to look forward to tonight's class

1. Voice Threads
I looked up the materials today at lunch and actually swore out loud while watching the clip. If you've ever wondered how to set instructional materials on the web that are truly, deeply and incredibly interactive, wait and see this incredible learning object.

2. The experimental classroom
While the 'greeny' in me balks at the sheer volume of toxic fumes from a) the coal-burners which produced the power to run the room, b) the output from the factories which made all that plastic and other nasty stuff and c) what will happen when they are disposed of, i can't halp but get excited by at least one thing: the 'Sunvote.' If you've ever craved giving instant and accurate feedback to your students, you may find this irresistible. When someone figures out how to hook it up to a graphics tablet it'll be brilliant. I can't help but add that I'm not sold on the layout but maybe it'll work. I'm happy to give it a chance.

See you tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried once the Sunvote system when the center decided to purchase and install it into the experimental classroom (yup, the classroom is under the center I'm working in and I'm can just walk there from my seat in about 10 seconds), I found that is quite useful and students can get involved in voting activities and have a quick response about their opinion graphically on the screen. Frankly speaking, the classroom has just opened and I haven't tried the well-equipped condition. I'm looking forward to tonight class too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems not very cost-effective if few courses use this experimental classroom, as mentioned, the initial set-up cost was talking about HK$6 million. I have been here in classes for three times, the first impression was amazing and but up to now, it is no longer attractive, the point is that the level of interaction between students, among groups and with teachers is the most important thing in learning and teaching from my point of view, rather than how powerful the facilities or equipment we can provide to facilitate the our learning, the level of learning context should come first, this will enlighten our critical thinking in learning.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete