Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catherine: My previous experiences of either using technology for teaching or for learning

Since my last training project in Dubai Metro, I have decided to learn more about E-learning and teaching.

My duties included course design and course delivery of the “Induction about Dubai Metro”, “Communication skills” and “Customer services” to a group of 600 cleaning staff from 10 different nationalities. I had encountered some problems even with the support of local training institutions and translators/interpreters. How can I effectively delivery the messages to the trainees with different languages background and culture diversity?

I would like to design an e-learning programme or digital- game learning activities which has no language barrier with visual representation and multimodalities to attract the attention and enhance the motivation of the trainees. Also, without time and venue constraints that the e-learning programme can run 24/7 to meet the tight training schedule.

Though this is not an experience of teaching and learning with IT, it becomes my mission to learn e-learning well!

1 comment:

  1. Your goal is so challenging, how to design something pedagogically-sound interactive without language barriers but motivation-oriented seems a good reseach topic!!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete